Get To Know The Stinson's | Happy Anniversary
Today I am sharing 7 fun fact about me and my husband, Brandon, in honor of our recent 4 year wedding anniversary!
1. We got married really young - Brandon and I got married when I was just 18 and he was 20. We were truly the definition of young and in love, and looking back I still think we were crazy, but I have never regretted the decision to marry him. 4 years later, I love him more than I ever thought was possible. Now I am so glad that we did get married young because it has allowed us to grow together.
2. We truly are the opposite in social settings - Most people assume that I am super social and bubbly, when in fact, the opposite is true. If you take me and Brandon out, he is the life of the party while I am perfectly content sitting in the corner eating all the snacks! Haha, in all seriousness Brandon is 100% an extrovert and I tend to feel myself becoming drained or overwhelmed in social settings. I guess the saying "opposites attract" is true in this case!
3. There was no proposal - So Brandon and I were only engaged for 7 days and there was no proposal! He never got down on one knee or did anything extravagant, instead we had many conversations and mutually agreed that we wanted to spend our lives together. That was about it and seven days later we were married under my parent's apple trees! Honestly when we told people we were getting married in 7 days I am pretty sure everyone thought we were having a shotgun wedding because I was pregnant! Well, sorry to disappoint but we waited two years before having our first daughter! ;)
4. We both had the entrepreneurial bug before we met - If you have been following for a while then you know that I absolutely LOVE business! Ivory Paper Co isn't the first business I have started and I actually started my very first business before meeting Brandon. At the time Brandon was also passionate about a business he had started. I think our love for business was something that really helped bring us together and still to this day it helps us stay connected and involved with each other.
5. Brandon is incredibly involved in Ivory Paper Co - Speaking of business, not many people know just how involved Brandon is with IPC behind the scenes. He is officially the Marketing Director but is involved in everything from production to customer satisfaction. Working on this business with him is the hardest, yet most fulfilling thing we do on a daily basis.
6. If we could, we would probably spend every second together - I know everyone refers to their spouse as their "best friend" but Brandon and I really are besties! We have the most fun when we are with one another and chose to spend nearly 100% of our free time together. When I think about events or anything fun I want to do, I always want to do it with Brandon because being with him makes everything 10 times better. I thought this sort of infatuation would wear off as time went on but so far we are four years in and still attached at the hip!
7. Brandon is vegetarian and I am not - Shortly after Brandon and I got married, he made the decision to become vegetarian. However, I love bacon and could not make that same commitment! ;) I still cook 100% of our meals and I always make them vegetarian friendly so we can all eat the same food together but sometimes I love a quick trip for a burger! A few people have asked if our deiteray decisions have caused any tension and for the most part not at all. Brandon is okay with the fact that I still chose to eat meat, and I am okay that he doesn't. We do our best to accommodate one another and keep it moving.
I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me and my husband! If there is anything else you are dying to know, I try to be really good about my DMs on Instagram so shoot me a message and we can chat!